Position: Left Fielder
Weight: 203 lbs.
2009 Age: 31
Matt Diaz, who had posted consecutive seasons of averages over .320 (.327, .338) for Atlanta, was given the starting job last season. However, he didn't hit. A knee injury forced him out for most of last year. He has been in a platoon role his entire Braves career (he has an .869 OPS against lefties in six seasons of major league baseball) and that looks to be the reason he should stick around.
My Outlook: It looks like Garret Anderson is going to get the lion's share of the playing time in left field. If Diaz is to be part of the Braves, it will be in either a platoon role with Anderson.
All about the Braves and baseball events.
- ► 2010 (64)
- Braves Clip Blue Jays, Lowe Decent In Braves Debut...
- Kawakami Impresses In Spring Debut, Braves Shut Do...
- Braves Make First Comeback Of Year, Get Past Astro...
- Spring Opener Not So Bright For Braves
- The Professional Hitter
- The Victory Lap, Part Deux
- The Next Best Thing?
- Braves Land Garret Anderson For Left Field Positio...
- Glavine Returning To Braves
- Now Applying For Atlanta LOOGY...
- Griffey Picks Seattle, Allegedly Upset Over Story
- The Kid Who Is Not So Much A Kid Anymore Talking W...
- The Braves' Own Juan Pierre (Except With A Few Mor...
- The Best Walking Slap-Hitter Ever!
- For The Last Time, It's Spelled With A "Z"!
- The Cobra's Ready To Strike
- Ganbate, Kawakami-San!
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2008 (50)