The Atlanta Braves, about four days after Ken Griffey, Jr. opted to return to Seattle, signed free agent Garret Anderson to a one-year deal, reported to be worth $2.5 million.
Anderson will form a platoon in left field with Matt Diaz. He has a contact approach at the plate similar to Josh Anderson's; he only had 29 walks last year, but he hit .295. He seems to have a little power left, but only playing time will show if he's done.
All about the Braves and baseball events.
- ► 2010 (64)
- Braves Clip Blue Jays, Lowe Decent In Braves Debut...
- Kawakami Impresses In Spring Debut, Braves Shut Do...
- Braves Make First Comeback Of Year, Get Past Astro...
- Spring Opener Not So Bright For Braves
- The Professional Hitter
- The Victory Lap, Part Deux
- The Next Best Thing?
- Braves Land Garret Anderson For Left Field Positio...
- Glavine Returning To Braves
- Now Applying For Atlanta LOOGY...
- Griffey Picks Seattle, Allegedly Upset Over Story
- The Kid Who Is Not So Much A Kid Anymore Talking W...
- The Braves' Own Juan Pierre (Except With A Few Mor...
- The Best Walking Slap-Hitter Ever!
- For The Last Time, It's Spelled With A "Z"!
- The Cobra's Ready To Strike
- Ganbate, Kawakami-San!
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2008 (50)