BRAVES 9, ASTROS 4
W - Mariano Gomez (1-0)
L - Gary Majewski (0-1)
Despite Hanson being the first Braves starter to allow any runs this spring, the Braves teed off on Astros pitching, winning 9-4. Jason Heyward and Chipper Jones got the day off.
THE GOOD: The Braves had sixteen hits total. Brian McCann went 3-3 with a double, scored two runs and drove in three. Troy Glaus had a 3-3 day with a double. He scored two runs and drove in another. Brooks Conrad continued his big spring with a 2-4, one RBI day. Matt Young and Yunel Escobar drove in two runs apiece. The Braves staff only walked one batter.
THE BAD: Tommy Hanson allowed three runs (one earned), in his 2 1/3 innings of work. He allowed two doubles to Lance Berkman. Brent Clevlen had an 0-3 day at the plate.
UP NEXT: The Braves go to Lakeland to face the Tigers.
All about the Braves and baseball events.
- Braves Pound The Stars Out Of Astros
- Braves Take Two from Phllies, Yankees
- Nationals Pound Braves Relievers
- Heyward To Start Season In Right; Braves Celebrate...
- More Scores and Links
- Just Scores and Links
- Braves PItch and Bat Well Against Cards
- Braves Leave Marlins Out In The Rain
- Lotsa, Lotsa Games
- Hudson Pecked By Blue Jays, Braves Shut Out
- The Next Big Thing In The A-Town
- Braves Defeat Mets Despite Two Shaky Innings
- One Bad Inning Dooms Braves In Spring Loss To Phil...
- Braves Maul Tigers For Big Win
- Rematch Goes Braves' Way
- BRAVES PLAYER PROFLIES: He's Caught On
- Braves Shut Out In Spring
- Braves Prevail In Spring Slugfest
- Braves Train To Beat The Bucs
- Braves Win First Spring Game (Whoopee)
- Spring Opener Not Good For All Involved; Mets Drop...
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2009 (104)
- ► 2008 (50)