PHILLIES 7, BRAVES 4
W - Danys Baez (1-0)
L - Jose Ortegano (0-1)
S - Drew Carpenter (1)
HR - Jayson Werth (1)
The Phillies jumped all over Class AA Mississippi reliever Jose Ortegano in the sixth inning, erasing a 4-2 deficit. Philadelphia won by a final score of 7-4.
THE GOOD: Troy Glaus continued his tear, going 3-3 with three singles and a run scored. Eric Hinske had a pinch-hit double that gave the Braves a 3-2 lead. Jason Heyward continued his on-base streak with a single and a walk. Brian McCann had a double and a walk.
Kenshin Kawakami did reasonably well; his only mistake was a two-run homer to Jayson Werth. Five Braves relievers had scoreless innings.
THE BAD: Jose Ortegano gave up the rest of the Phillies runs in the sixth inning on six hits and a walk. Nate McLouth drove in a run, but he also went 0-3, dropping his spring average down to .077. Yunel Escobar and Melky Cabrera also pulled in 0-3 days, though Escobar got an RBI and Cabrera scored a run.
UP NEXT: The Braves play the Mets on Wednesday. Derek Lowe will make his next start of the spring.
All about the Braves and baseball events.
- Braves Pound The Stars Out Of Astros
- Braves Take Two from Phllies, Yankees
- Nationals Pound Braves Relievers
- Heyward To Start Season In Right; Braves Celebrate...
- More Scores and Links
- Just Scores and Links
- Braves PItch and Bat Well Against Cards
- Braves Leave Marlins Out In The Rain
- Lotsa, Lotsa Games
- Hudson Pecked By Blue Jays, Braves Shut Out
- The Next Big Thing In The A-Town
- Braves Defeat Mets Despite Two Shaky Innings
- One Bad Inning Dooms Braves In Spring Loss To Phil...
- Braves Maul Tigers For Big Win
- Rematch Goes Braves' Way
- BRAVES PLAYER PROFLIES: He's Caught On
- Braves Shut Out In Spring
- Braves Prevail In Spring Slugfest
- Braves Train To Beat The Bucs
- Braves Win First Spring Game (Whoopee)
- Spring Opener Not Good For All Involved; Mets Drop...
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2009 (104)
- ► 2008 (50)