BRAVES 12, TIGERS 4
W - Tim Hudson (1-0)
L - Max Scherzer (0-1)
HR - Jason Heyward (1)
Mitch Jones (1)
Jason Heyward displayed an early spring flourish with his first home run, a towering shot to right field off Detroit starter Max Scherzer, which helped propel the Braves to an easy 12-4 victory over the Tigers.
THE GOOD: Along with his home run, Heyward also turned in a walk. Eric Hinske went 3-4 and scored two runs. David Ross went 2-2 and drove in four runs. Troy Glaus went 2-2 and scored two runs. Brooks Conrad drove in two with a double and Mitch Jones added a solo shot.
Tim Hudson allowed three hits and one run in three innings, while striking out three batters. Jo-Jo Reyes pitched two scoreless innings, striking out three batters. Stephen Marek and Erik Cordier pitched scoreless innings.
THE BAD: Omar Infante went 0-4 in the leadoff spot and Melky Cabrera only got a walk in an 0-3 day.
UP NEXT: Atlanta faces the Phillies back in Orlando. Chipper Jones is expected to return today.
All about the Braves and baseball events.
- Braves Pound The Stars Out Of Astros
- Braves Take Two from Phllies, Yankees
- Nationals Pound Braves Relievers
- Heyward To Start Season In Right; Braves Celebrate...
- More Scores and Links
- Just Scores and Links
- Braves PItch and Bat Well Against Cards
- Braves Leave Marlins Out In The Rain
- Lotsa, Lotsa Games
- Hudson Pecked By Blue Jays, Braves Shut Out
- The Next Big Thing In The A-Town
- Braves Defeat Mets Despite Two Shaky Innings
- One Bad Inning Dooms Braves In Spring Loss To Phil...
- Braves Maul Tigers For Big Win
- Rematch Goes Braves' Way
- BRAVES PLAYER PROFLIES: He's Caught On
- Braves Shut Out In Spring
- Braves Prevail In Spring Slugfest
- Braves Train To Beat The Bucs
- Braves Win First Spring Game (Whoopee)
- Spring Opener Not Good For All Involved; Mets Drop...
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2009 (104)
- ► 2008 (50)