BLUE JAYS 3, BRAVES 0
W - Ricky Romero (1-1)
L - Tim Hudson (1-1)
S - Reidier Gonzalez (1)
In Friday's rained out game against the Pittsburgh Pirates, Jair Jurrjens debuted with two innings of shutout ball. The game was called after three innings.
In today's game, Tim Hudson endured a two-run third inning and the Blue Jays rode those three runs to a 3-0 victory. The Braves were held to just five singles.
THE GOOD: The Braves bullpen held the Blue Jays scoreless after Hudson left. Billy Wagner, Peter Moylan, Eric O'Flaherty, Jesse Chavez and Michael Dunn each had an inning of work. Melky Cabrera went 2-2 with a walk.
THE BAD: Hudson was tagged for three runs, two earned in four innings. Hudson committed two errors with a pickoff and throw. Yunel Escobar went 0-3 and Nate McLouth pulled another 0-3 day, striking out twice. His spring average is now .053.
UP NEXT: The Braves play their only split squad games in the spring on Sunday. One squad plays the Jays again while the other faces the Astros.
All about the Braves and baseball events.
- Braves Pound The Stars Out Of Astros
- Braves Take Two from Phllies, Yankees
- Nationals Pound Braves Relievers
- Heyward To Start Season In Right; Braves Celebrate...
- More Scores and Links
- Just Scores and Links
- Braves PItch and Bat Well Against Cards
- Braves Leave Marlins Out In The Rain
- Lotsa, Lotsa Games
- Hudson Pecked By Blue Jays, Braves Shut Out
- The Next Big Thing In The A-Town
- Braves Defeat Mets Despite Two Shaky Innings
- One Bad Inning Dooms Braves In Spring Loss To Phil...
- Braves Maul Tigers For Big Win
- Rematch Goes Braves' Way
- BRAVES PLAYER PROFLIES: He's Caught On
- Braves Shut Out In Spring
- Braves Prevail In Spring Slugfest
- Braves Train To Beat The Bucs
- Braves Win First Spring Game (Whoopee)
- Spring Opener Not Good For All Involved; Mets Drop...
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2009 (104)
- ► 2008 (50)