Washington's Joel Hanrahan struck out eight of the nine Braves that he faced to preserve the Nationals' lead.
However, the game ended in a 2-2 tie. The Braves were down nearly the entire game with Washington getting an unearned run off of Tom Glavine and another run off of Zach Schreiber. However, in the bottom of the ninth, Luis Ayala was touched for two runs, and that's how the game ended. Joe Borchard drove in two runs. Tom Glavine allowed just two hits in four innings, walking and striking out two. He allowed one run.
P Joel Hanrahan - 3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 8 SO
LF Joe Borchard - 1-4, GT single, 2 RBI
P Tom Glavine - 4 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 SO
All about the Braves and baseball events.
- ► 2010 (64)
- ► 2009 (104)
- Wild Home Opener Ends In Pittsburgh's Favor
- After Pitching Battle, Zimmerman Walks Off For Nat...
- The Braves' Roster Before The REAL Opening Day!
- Yeah, The Motivation Hasn't Been There
- Braves Claw Back, But Astros End On Top
- Hampton Very Solid, But Cards Beat Braves
- The Rest Of The Bench; Glavine In Command, Frenchy...
- Braves Drop Both Sides of Split Squad
- Escobar Slams, Thorman Blasts, Braves Win 9-1.
- Braves Tie Tigers; Lillibridge Drives In Three
- Braves Ride Nine-Run Fourth To Victory, Beat India...
- Hanrahan Steals The Show For A While; Game Ends In...
- Jair Jurrjens Sharp; Braves Beat Cardinals Again
- Braves Pound Cardinals
- Braves Drop Both Split Squad Games
- Hampton Out With Groin Strain, Braves Lose To Tige...
- Braves defeat Tigers 5-4, Game called
- Braves one-hit Indians, win 4-1
- Braves Pound Phillies
- Mets Squeak By Braves In 10th
- Braves Defeat Astros Again
- Braves Post Come-From-Behind Victory Over Astros
- ▼ March (30)