The Braves posted a late win Saturday, scoring four in the top of the ninth off of two Astros pitchers to win 7-5 over the Houston Astros. Jeff Francoeur opened the scoring for the Braves with a three-run homer in the fourth. Josh Anderson and Martin Prado also had two-run singles for the Braves. Ty Wigginton opened the scoring with a solo homer off of Braves' starter Tom Glavine. Glavine pitched two innings, allowing two hits and a run, but he also had two strikeouts. Hunter Pence had two hits for the Astros.
W - Francisely Bueno (1-0)
L - Chad Reineke (0-1)
S - Colter Bean (1)
HR - ATL - Jeff Francoeur (1)
HOU - Ty Wigginton (1)
RF Jeff Francoeur - 1-2, HR, R, 3 RBI
RF Josh Anderson - 1-2, R, 2 RBI
2B Martin Prado - 1-3, 2 RBI
All about the Braves and baseball events.
- ► 2010 (64)
- ► 2009 (104)
- Wild Home Opener Ends In Pittsburgh's Favor
- After Pitching Battle, Zimmerman Walks Off For Nat...
- The Braves' Roster Before The REAL Opening Day!
- Yeah, The Motivation Hasn't Been There
- Braves Claw Back, But Astros End On Top
- Hampton Very Solid, But Cards Beat Braves
- The Rest Of The Bench; Glavine In Command, Frenchy...
- Braves Drop Both Sides of Split Squad
- Escobar Slams, Thorman Blasts, Braves Win 9-1.
- Braves Tie Tigers; Lillibridge Drives In Three
- Braves Ride Nine-Run Fourth To Victory, Beat India...
- Hanrahan Steals The Show For A While; Game Ends In...
- Jair Jurrjens Sharp; Braves Beat Cardinals Again
- Braves Pound Cardinals
- Braves Drop Both Split Squad Games
- Hampton Out With Groin Strain, Braves Lose To Tige...
- Braves defeat Tigers 5-4, Game called
- Braves one-hit Indians, win 4-1
- Braves Pound Phillies
- Mets Squeak By Braves In 10th
- Braves Defeat Astros Again
- Braves Post Come-From-Behind Victory Over Astros
- ▼ March (30)