The Braves posted their second straight win over the Astros, defeating them 6-4. The most important start of the day was by Mike Hampton. He pitched two scoreless innings, allowing just one hit. He struck out one batter.
The Braves had four doubles on the day; they were hit by Yunel Escobar, Jeff Francoeur, Josh Anderson and Joe Borchard. Escobar drove in two and Matt Diaz also had a two-run single. Anderson had another hit and scored two runs. Jordan Schafer and Borchard both had sacrifice flies as well.
Shortstop Tommy Manzella and left fielder Jose Cruz, Jr. both had two hits for the Astros.
W - Zach Schreiber (1-0)
L - Chad Paronto (0-2)
S - Sung Ki Jung (1)
P Mike Hampton - 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO
RF Josh Anderson - 2-2, 2B, 2 R
DH Matt Diaz - 1-2, 2 RBI
All about the Braves and baseball events.
- ► 2010 (64)
- ► 2009 (104)
- Wild Home Opener Ends In Pittsburgh's Favor
- After Pitching Battle, Zimmerman Walks Off For Nat...
- The Braves' Roster Before The REAL Opening Day!
- Yeah, The Motivation Hasn't Been There
- Braves Claw Back, But Astros End On Top
- Hampton Very Solid, But Cards Beat Braves
- The Rest Of The Bench; Glavine In Command, Frenchy...
- Braves Drop Both Sides of Split Squad
- Escobar Slams, Thorman Blasts, Braves Win 9-1.
- Braves Tie Tigers; Lillibridge Drives In Three
- Braves Ride Nine-Run Fourth To Victory, Beat India...
- Hanrahan Steals The Show For A While; Game Ends In...
- Jair Jurrjens Sharp; Braves Beat Cardinals Again
- Braves Pound Cardinals
- Braves Drop Both Split Squad Games
- Hampton Out With Groin Strain, Braves Lose To Tige...
- Braves defeat Tigers 5-4, Game called
- Braves one-hit Indians, win 4-1
- Braves Pound Phillies
- Mets Squeak By Braves In 10th
- Braves Defeat Astros Again
- Braves Post Come-From-Behind Victory Over Astros
- ▼ March (30)