Braves starter Tom Glavine allowed seven hits and three runs in five innings, but by then, the Braves had scored seven runs. Atlanta cruised on to the 9-3 victory.
Through five innings, Tigers starter Justin Verlander allowed seven runs on nine hits, including giving up home runs to Casey Kotchman and Chipper Jones. The biggest blow was a five-run second, where Kotchman had a two-run shot.
Yunel Escobar and Gregor Blanco drove in two runs apiece. Clint Sammons drove in a run in the sixth with a solo shot and Matt Diaz added an RBI.
Curtis Granderson hit a two-run shot for the Tigers and Josh Anderson, freshly traded from the Braves, added an RBI single for his new team.
W - Tom Glavine (2-0)
L - Justin Verlander (1-2)
HR - ATL - Casey Kotchman (3)
Chipper Jones (4)
Clint Sammons (3)
DET - Curtis Granderson (3)
All about the Braves and baseball events.
- ► 2010 (64)
- Braves Take Two Of Three From Reds
- Braves Come Out On Top In Pitcher's Duel
- Nationals Pull Out Second One-Run Victory Over Ree...
- Two Rain Delays Don't Spoil Debut For Zimmerman
- Braves Bring Their Bats, Bash The Bucs
- Craig Monroe Single-Handedly Dispatches Braves
- Pirates Frustrate Braves Bats, Hand Them Fourth St...
- Marlins Complete Sweep In Convincing Fashion
- Bullpen Woes Continue As Marlins Smack Around Brav...
- Braves Hooked By Fish; Volstad Wins Pitching Duel
- Braves Don't Give Nationals A Bailout
- Kawakami Shouritoushu!: Kenshin Wins In Major Leag...
- Seesaw Battle With Nats Ends With Braves Up
- Braves Bullpen Implosion Hands Phillies Victory
- Braves Staff Holds Phillies Off The Board, Hit Two...
- Opening Day Thrills For Braves, Lukewarm For Phill...
- 2009 Atlanta Braves Opening Day Roster
- Tigers Patiently Pound Braves In Final Spring Game...
- Braves Begin Final Spring "Series" With Win
- Jurrjens Impressive In Final Spring Start, Braves ...
- Braves Pick Glavine Up With Homers, Beat Tigers
- Astros Batter Braves, Chipper Homers After Extensi...
- ▼ April (22)
- ► 2008 (50)