All about the Braves and baseball events.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Braves Pull Off Big One; Acquire Soriano From Mariners

The first trade of the off-season, and I am SO glad it was made:

Braves get:
RP Rafael Soriano

Mariners get:
SP Horacio Ramirez

This is the utter steal of the off-season. Soriano in just 60 innings had 65 strikeouts and 21 walks and a 2.25 ERA, which translates to a 193 ERA+, in the American League, exactly what is needed in a reliever. Exactly what the Braves need. They don't need Ramirez, of whom I said is inconsistent and injury-prone. How the Mariners and their GM Bill Bavasi decided to do this trade is beyond me, but I'm not complaining. ;)

I'm sad to see any Brave I'm familiar with go, but that's baseball and THIS is what appears to be a classic great Schuerholz trade. :D

EDIT: NOW, THE DEFENITIVE LINK!

ESPN: Trade is completed

No comments: